Thursday, November 13, 2014

Tailored Suits: Every Man Should Have One!

I, at times, wonder why most people I work with or come into contact with ask the question, “Why are you wearing a suit? Do you have job interview?”  To me this question is a bit silly but I still respond, “Because I can.” Why is it that people think a suit should only be worn for a job interview and why is that?  I happen to like suits and I am a professional, so it is a win/win situation.  I think the stance on what is considered professional has been skewed for so long, we are willing to accept brown Dockers and some form of a collared shirt.  I like to have suits, especially tailored suits, if the cut is nice it makes you look more together and more presentable.

I have to admit, when I was younger I did not see the need to get a suit that was fitted or coordinate with the proper accessories and shoes. I thought back then one just needed a white shirt and black shoes and that was it. As I matured I saw the need to have the shirt, belt, shoes, cuff links, and suit match and flow in perfect unity in order to convey that you are a man of quality and with a bit of culture backing you, and you know what there is nothing wrong with being that way. Every man should have a suit, especially a tailored one, to me it signals the road to being a man and not staying in the mode of a boy.

 I would urge the young men out there who go for a baggy suit look with a French cuff two tone shirt that looks like it came off the rack of a local outlet, put some time and effort into making your suit fitted and match correctly, the ladies will be glad you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment